Image: Alum pot caving

AdventureVertical and becomes AALS licensed, July 2013

For all Outdoor Companies who wish to work with and deliver activities to under 18’s except where parents or legal guardians are present, must be registered and licensed with the Adventure Activity Licensing Service, part of HSE.

For a small business like ourselves this is a challenge and a significant cost, and involves a great deal of work to ensure that we hit all of the criteria first time round, and have all the policies, procedures and staffing in place to support delivery of “inscope” activities.

From July 2013 we are happy to announce that we have been successful in our application and have received our License after an initial inspection, and will be able to deliver the activities that come under the titles of Climbing, Caving and Trekking, to schools, colleges, youth groups and parties where under 18’s are present without their parent or legal guardian, though we will always request that an appropriate adult be present.

We’ll be producing a new pack to be sent out digitally or in the post to interested parties, and this will fit very succinctly with our new brand, Adventure Vertical and website Within the next 3 months we hope to have Adventure Vertical fully off the ground and running online, though we are fully capable of delivering you tailor made solutions to Outdoor Learning right now. Currently we’re taking school bookings for September and beyond to tie in directly with Year Group Inductions and we’re working closely with a number of businesses to develop Key Outcomes for their Apprentices.

If you’d like more information then don’t hesitate to contact us in the office and ask for Iain, who’ll be more than happy to talk through the opportunities for your school or business and design a package around your financial needs.